Donut Safeland Marine
The Donut Safeland unit is designed for escape from a turbine or boat landing area directly to a rescue craft below, or if the vessel has to move position, away from the turbine due to sea conditions, unlike inertia reel systems, the user can lock-off above the sea and await rescue remaining dry, visible and warm.
Onshore/offshore wind turbines
The Donut Safeland is compact, portable and unrestrictive in use, allowing the user to choose the best time and place to make their escape. It is also non-reliant making it the perfect solution for both installation and maintenance crews. They can carry out a safe and controlled escape from either within or outside the turbine when conventional methods of egress are not available due to structural failure or fire.
Advantages of Safeland over Inertia Reel Systems:
- Cost – The Safeland (if properly maintained and recertified) need only be purchased once within the lifetime of an asset.
- Six monthly inspections – Safeland requires to be inspected only once every 5 years within a recognised inspection scheme.
- Multi-user system, people may have to wait their turn – Safeland is one man, one use, with no need to wait for others.
- Fixed system – Safeland is portable allowing the user to choose the best time and position to make their escape.
- Mechanical system – Safeland is a non-mechanical system. It has no moving parts.
- Once user starts to descend they can't stop – Safeland allows the user to stop their descent at any time to avoid hazards.
Donut provides full back-up for product recertification and have in place a reminder service, whereby we advise the owner/operator on the recertification status of all Safeland units installed onboard their turbines/sub-stations, allowing certification compliance to be maintained at all times.
Donut also provides various options for hire of Safeland units, being short term hire for time of recertification, long term hire to cover increase of personnel for major maintenance programs or shut down, whereby hiring is more favourable to purchasing, helping spread the costs with a low daily hire rate.
The Safeland Marine Personal Controlled Descent Devices are available in standard descent lengths of 15mtrs, 32mtrs, 46mtrs, 65mtrs & 76mtrs and in either Guidewire Compatible (guided diagonal descent) or Standard (vertical descent) model types. Longer lengths available on special order.