Donut Safeland Retro
The Donut Retro Personal Controlled Descent Device is the ultimate safety system for an evacuee.
It offers the means of controlled escape from height, with the added flexibility of attachment of the Donut Retro's Friction Device directly to the user's own existing work harness. This allows a safe and controlled means of escape from the work area in the event of an emergency. Typical applications for escape use would be from wind turbines, scaffolding, gantries, cranes or any other area of entrapment at height.
This compact and un-restricting escape device is simple and sure, requiring minimal physical effort to use. It is lightweight and portable allowing for easy deployment within the work area. The Donut Retro provides companies a cost-effective and simple solution for the protection of their employees working at height.
Advantages of the Safeland Retro over conventional methods of evacuation:
- Cost – the Retro (if properly maintained and recertified) need only be purchased once within the lifetime of an asset.
- Inspection – Retro requires to be inspected only once every 5 years within a recognised inspection scheme.
- Automatic Descender, cant stop once the descent has started - Reto allows the user to stop at any point during their descent to assess a situation or avoid a hazard below.
- Mechanical Devices - Retro has no Mechanical moving parts for enhanced reliability.
- Fixed means, can’t reach them, can’t use them – Retro is highly portable, allowing the user to choose the best time and position to make their escape.
- Multi-user system, may have to wait your turn – Retro is one man, one use, with no reliance to wait for others.
- Physical effort – Retro requires no physical strength by the user to operate.
- No provision for casualties – Safeland Rescue can be used to evacuate injured or unconscious personnel.
Safeland Retro Units
Safeland Retro units are available in Standard Descent lengths of 15mtrs, 32mtrs, 46mtrs, 65mtrs & 76mtrs. Longer lengths are available on special order.
Donut also provides various options for hire of Retro units, being short term hire for time of recertification, long term hire to cover increase of Personnel at time of shut down or maintenance program, or our specialist hire scheme for long term projects (whereby hiring is more favourable to purchasing, helping spread the costs with a low daily hire rate).
Donut provides full back-up for product recertification and have in place a reminder service, whereby we advise the owner/operator on the recertification status of all Safeland units installed onboard their turbines/sub-stations, allowing certification compliance to be maintained at all times.