Donut Safeland Marine
The Safeland Marine Personal Controlled Descent Device is the ideal solution as last means drill derrick/crane escape.
The unit is light and portable allowing the derrickman/crane operator to choose the best time and position to make their escape – either vertically to the deck or from the drill derrick (where available, in conjunction with a guide-wire allowing a diagonal descent away from the derrick to a safe area on the deck below).
The Safeland Personal Controlled Descent Device is a non-mechanical system with no moving parts, providing greater reliability than conventional last means of escape from a drill derrick or crane. It allows the user to control the rate of their descent and stop at any time to avoid a hazard or assess a situation.
Advantages of Safeland over conventional methods of evacuation:
- Cost – The Safeland (if properly maintained and recertified) need only be purchased once within the lifetime of an asset.
- Inspection – Safeland requires to be inspected only once every 5 years within a recognised inspection scheme.
- Fixed means, can’t reach them, can’t use them – Safeland is highly portable allowing the the user to choose the best time and position to make their escape.
- Multi-user system, people may have to wait their turn – Safeland is one man, one use, with no reliance to wait for others.
- Physical effort – Safeland requires no physical strength by the user to operate.
- Once at the bottom the user has no other option than to enter water – Safeland allows the user to stop their descent and lock-off avoiding hazards below.
- No provision for casualties - Donut Rescue can be used to evacuate injured or unconscious personnel.
Personal Controlled Descent Devices
Are available in standard descent lengths of 15mtrs, 32mtrs, 46mtrs, 65mtrs & 76mtrs and in either Guidewire Compatible (guided diagonal descent) or Standard (vertical descent) model types. Longer lengths available on special order.
Donut also provides various options for hire of Safeland units, being short term hire for time of recertification, long term hire to cover increase of POB at time of major maintenance programs or shut down, whereby hiring is more favourable to purchasing, helping spread the costs, with a low daily hire rate.
Donut provides full back-up for product recertification and have in place a reminder service, whereby we advise the owner/operator on the recertification status of all Safeland units installed onboard their installations, allowing certification compliance to be maintained at all times.